Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Unspectacular, That's What I Am...

I just gotta ask: when did I get such a huge target put on my back, huh? -- now Tess has tagged me fer a meme (I tell yah, the fun never stops around here [grins]...)

The rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. List 6 unspectacular quirks you have.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each person’s blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.
(Okay, and since yawl know from historical precedent I'm not doing steps #4 or #5, let's just proceed onward...)

Six Unspectacular Quirks About Me:

1. I put my toothpaste on my toothbrush by first measuring out a drab from the tube onto my right ring finger, and then transferring said drab from finger to brush.

2. I hate everything mint-flavored (with the notable exception of dental floss).

3. When putting forks away at home, I separate them into three groups: a) those fer general use; b) those fer feeding pets; and c) those fer scraping out dog dishes. (I am not, however, entirely certain the wife realizes I make this precise categorization.)

4. I did once briefly entertain the thought of having electrolysis in lieu of ever shaving my dernded beard again.

5. I am purposely ending each of these items with a period instead of an ellipsis, *despite* the fact that doing so goes against all my natural tendencies and instincts, and it's getting even more and more difficult with each successive item.

6. I cannot touch the tip of my left thumb to the tip of my left pinky. At all. Right thumb to right pinky, piece of cake. (It has been suggested by some that perhaps I am devolving into a squirrel-like lifeform -- I suppose we shall see...[Oops, there's another ellipsis! Alert the Writing Style Police!...])

3 Comments:

Blogger Tess Harrison said...

First, I know what you mean. I hardly ever get tagged for these and I got two in one day. I still haven't posted the other yet. Fun list though. I'm cracking up at the period vs. ellipsis though!

6:15 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Lynn Daniels said...

Love your unspectaculars! And I must say, that gigantor target ye got there quite suits ye. :)

9:37 AM, September 11, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Wow! Someone else who hates mint. I can't even stand to kiss someone right after they've brushed their teeth.

1. I can't snap my fingers. I've tried. People have tried to teach me. Still nope.

2. I don't like alcohol much. As soon as I can feel it, the thought of drinking more is offputting.

3. I'm hairy for a chick; I have to shave my face on a regular basis.

4. My closet is organized by type of garment and then by color. When I bother to hang things up.

5. I believe any food that can be eaten one at a time should be eaten one at a time. I'll eat normally when in polite company, but it's unsatisfying.

6. I cringe listening to people crack their knuckles.
3.

1:43 PM, September 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home