Thursday, August 28, 2008

Do Books Buzz? (Or Wuz That Bees?)...

Lynn has, in her own wicked little way [tuts disapprovingly under his breath], decided to try and force me to reveal to the world my recent rocky descent into the gaping maw of that horrendously horrible depravation known in most scholarly circles as "Post-Literacy" by tagging me with, of all things, a *book* meme -- [hmph!]Well, let's see if I can salvage whatever's left of my (pseudo-)academic reputation -- but first I think I'll give the rules following just the *slightest* of tweaks (I think the editing will reveal itself to those of you who observe closely enuff...)

Rules:

I am going to list three categories of books: 5 MUST Read Books, 5 Books on Your Nightstand, and 5 Look For These Soon.

Anyone I tag should put these same lists on their blog but SUBTRACT one book from each list and ADD one of their own.

Then they should tag at least 5 more bloggers. It will be fun to see how the lists change as it goes around the blogosphere.

Please come back to this post and leave a comment so I can see how the lists are changing as they go around the blogosphere.

Since this is [a meme apparently originating from something called] Book Buzz, please [try to] keep your lists to titles released in 2007-2009. [And those of us who've noticeably shunned the mall bookstores with some odd form of passive-aggressive vengeance over the last 24 months will work thru this however we best can...]

5 MUST Read Books:

1. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
2. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
3. Kushiel’s Mercy by Jacqueline Carey
4. A Mile in My Flip-Flops by Melody Carlson
5. Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward


5 Books on the Nightstand:

1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
2. Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
3. Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
4. Crazy in Love by Lani Diane Rich
5. Pleasure by Eric Jerome Dickey


5 Look For These Soon:

1. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2009: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard Nelson Bolles
2. Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
3. Evernight by Claudia Gray
4. Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
5. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess Harrison said...

She tagged me too. Though one since I haven't read much lately!

8:42 PM, August 28, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Most of my reading has been older books so this is somewhat hard! Also I don't really blog anymore so I'll just mention my choices here...

For 1. try A Romance On Three Legs, by Katie Hafner -- about Glenn Gould and his piano.

2. The Kurlansky is also on my nightstand... Another is Against Intellectual Monopoly, by Michele Boldrin and David Levine. (Also available, appropriately enough, as a free .pdf download.)

3. I am most impatiently awaiting Anathem, by Neal Stephenson.

10:36 PM, August 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home