Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cross-Posted At The Crossroads With Hot Cross Buns (No Vampires, Please...)

[crossposted from my last.fm blog]

...here's something from my bud Sabine (which I stole wholesale from here, but I don't think she'll mind much):
Last Thursday, Jammie Thomas of the Mille Lacs Band of the Ojibwe was fined $220,000 for the sharing of 24 songs. Wow, over 9k a song, I must be in the wrong business. Jammie claims that her computer was hacked and she is going to fight. Honestly, I don’t care whether she put the 24 songs up or not, 220k is a ridiculous fine. Jammie is a 30 year old single mother of 2 children, working as an administrator for her tribe for about 36k a year. You can help by making a paypal donation to her legal defense fund at http://www.freejammie.com/ and by spreading the word.
[...and fer those of you more into the international scene, she has some choice words aboot Burma and China too...]

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Ironwood said...

Maybe I should have used the same title here I used on last.fm:

"Next: RIAA Drinks From Pool Of Lost Souls -- Film At Eleven..."

3:57 PM, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home