Thursday, July 05, 2007

Eight More Things Aboot My So-Called Life

Due to the heartless machinations of the pitiless .ck., I am honour-bound to throw 8 more trivial tidbits into the gaping maw of the electromagnetic abyss of the interwebbinesses:

1. When I Googled the word 'dernded' just now, 28 [EDIT:okay, 26] of the first 30 entries came from things I'd written hither and yon (under various names, of course, of course...)

2. I still have the copy of Marvel Tales #2 from 1965 that my brother and I ripped apart fighting over whose it was (rendering what would now be a $60 comic worth only aboot $6)...

3. If I get particularly nervous, my right arm will begin to look like I've got a bad case of alien hand syndrome...

4. I contributed the turntable breaks on a recording session I did in Dayton in the mid-80's [which I found doubly amusing in that a)I was the only white musician in the studio at the time, and b) the guy hired to do it in the first place couldn't put the scratches on the right beats...]

5. When I mentioned the fact that I'd twice hacked into the system account of my community college during the interview fer my current job, I neglected to mention that the system password on the first ocassion was the first word in the name of the college, and the second time it was the name of the street where it was located -- 'snot like I had to guess the name of someone's dead son or nuthin'...

6. I wrote a letter to President Nixon when I wuz 9 or 10 in which (IIRC) I said something to the effect of "I hope Eldridge Cleaver takes off your head with a shotgun" -- I got the standard form letter back... and when I wuz 12, my passport to go to Scandanavia took two monthes longer to process than my mother's (hmmm)...

7. I have a potentially bad habit of letting numerological concerns dictate my decision making process in poker ["If I call that $30 bet, that leaves me with $1300; bad luck number -- better raise him to $70 instead..."]

8. I may be developing an emotional attachment to my car's cruise control (really, how did life *exist* before this device?...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

your "dernded" one made me laugh. I need to make up a word and abuse the hell out of it on my blog to be the only page in existence using that word...lol that's cool!

2:57 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger .ck. said...

very nice! the "dernded" one amused me too (but hey, I can relate... with a different word of course). and cruise control? two thumbs up :-)

11:26 AM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Andrew Ironwood said...

Thank you, thank you -- I always figgered if I had a 'fingerprinted' word (or three), yawl could always identify whether someone wuz really me or not (in the event of a spam/phish/whatnot scam).

And that different word, .ck.? Wouldn't have been a pentasyllabic adjective preceeding the word 'freshman', now, would it? [grin]...

12:30 PM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home