Eight Things Aboot Me
The rules are as follows:1. Nearly every morning, the Marvel Comics supervillain The Grey Gargoyle crosses my mind (his superpower was the ability to turn anything to stone with a touch -- most mornings, at least a couple of my limbs always feel like he's paid a visit...)
• Each player creates a list of eight random personal facts/habits.
• At the end of your post, list eight people who you want to tag to also do this meme.
• People who are tagged will write their own list of eight personal facts/habits and, if they have a blog of their own, post these rules and their list.
2. I'm quite prone to 'double-dipping' from the chip dip *and* the peanut butter jar. [Ducks the slings and arrows of the health conscious and the OCD-ers...]
3. In my early twenties, I spent almost two years (including a summer at the state fair) working in an ecumenical Christian musical theater group called The Ohio Youth Ministry: acting, singing, playing piano (and occasionaly giving sermons on the subject of whether or not Jesus had a sex life [usually saved those fer the more conservative congregations -- heh, heh...])
4. I've actually quoted Gertrude Stein in the chatbox of an on-line poker site (the particular line I believe was: "It makes it well fish"...)
5. It bothers me that I can't hear in my auditory memory any of the "Tiger of the Pacific" tune from the TV series "McHale's Navy" other than a vicious earworm tapeloop of the refrain: "Quentin McHale!"...
6. The other night when I was playing on-line poker, I noticed I had $6660 worth of chips, so I bet $600 on a crappy hand just to get rid of that '666'... and wound up winning the pot(!)...
7. I've had this idea for a cello piece for weeks now where the melody would be based on a series of dice rolls, but I've been putting off working on it because: 1) I can't decide how I'd come up with the piano accompaniment, and 2) I've been too lazy to roll the dernded dice (or even write a computer program to do it fer me...)
8. I've tried -- really I have -- but I can't think of anything I would eat that I wouldn't try putting chili powder and/or garlic powder on it too...
...and as usual, I'm gonna weasel outta naming taggees -- if'n yah wanna duzzits, then duzzits (dernded yer vermint hides, anyhoo! [spurs his horse and gallops into the sunset, cackling wildly...])