Wednesday, February 21, 2007

12 Things I Like Beginning With the Letter "I"

[because I made the mistake of taking Rob up on his challenge (and then thinking of more than 10 things)...]

  1. Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull (for proving you *can* rock out on a flute, dernded it!...)
  2. Ideas (prefer those and data to most people and things, actually...)
  3. "If", the song by Bread (but not necessarily the Telly Savalas version, of course, of course...)
  4. Igor in Young Frankenstein (that's pronounced "Eye-gor" [grin]...)
  5. Immaturity (hey, I'm *still* working on what I wanna be when I grow up...)
  6. Io ([in the voice of Dan Aykroyd] it's a Greek mythological figure, it's a computer term -- but wait, it's *both*!...)
  7. Ipso facto (just love the *sound* of that phrase...)
  8. IQ testing (well, I've done it enough by now I'd *better* like it...)
  9. Irving Forbush (aka the red-underweared 'superhero' Forbush Man...)
  10. "Istanbul, Not Constantinople", the song by They Might Be Giants (loved the Tiny Toons video fer this and "Particle Man" both...)
  11. Ives, Charles (my favorite composer of any genre...)
  12. Izzy Cohen (the demolitions expert in the comic Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

You went for some difficult things in this list! Good job! Irving Forbush? I know who he is, red pajamas and pot on his head and all, but that's obscure even by my standards.

1:25 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Andrew Ironwood said...

You think *that* was obscure? -- You shoulda seen summada ones on the *original* list of 25 [BWA-HA-HA!!!]...

1:39 PM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home