Monday, February 26, 2007
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
12 Things I Like Beginning With the Letter "I"
- Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull (for proving you *can* rock out on a flute, dernded it!...)
- Ideas (prefer those and data to most people and things, actually...)
- "If", the song by Bread (but not necessarily the Telly Savalas version, of course, of course...)
- Igor in Young Frankenstein (that's pronounced "Eye-gor" [grin]...)
- Immaturity (hey, I'm *still* working on what I wanna be when I grow up...)
- Io ([in the voice of Dan Aykroyd] it's a Greek mythological figure, it's a computer term -- but wait, it's *both*!...)
- Ipso facto (just love the *sound* of that phrase...)
- IQ testing (well, I've done it enough by now I'd *better* like it...)
- Irving Forbush (aka the red-underweared 'superhero' Forbush Man...)
- "Istanbul, Not Constantinople", the song by They Might Be Giants (loved the Tiny Toons video fer this and "Particle Man" both...)
- Ives, Charles (my favorite composer of any genre...)
- Izzy Cohen (the demolitions expert in the comic Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos...)
Is There Any Rule You Have To Watch The Show To Take The Quiz?...
You scored 25 Idealism, 75 Nonconformity, 66 Nerdiness
How can you stop what's coming... when you don't know anything about power?
Congratulation, you're Sylar, the artist formerly known as Gabriel Gray! You are a seriously nerdy person with an enormous desire to be different, and to be recognized for it. As long as you don't go eating brains, this doesn't have to be a bad thing at all. You're ambitious, intelligent, tenacious, and unique.
Your best quality: Panache
Your worst quality: An obsessive desire for recognition and power
[via much-better-Heroes-fan Betty]
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Just A Song Before I Go...
Highlight from my most recent poker tournament --
spankdawg: STOP RUNNING
spankdawg: IM GOING TO GET YOUR CHIPS
Rex_Ferric: what about the fish
Run Silent, Run Deep...
[Please stand by. Your regular service should resume shortly...]
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Fire In Their Bellies Mac-&-Cheez
1 pound elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2-1/2 cups of either half-and-half, whole milk, or some combination thereof
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, half grated, half cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 ounces Colby cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
A few dashes of Tabasco sauce to taste
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the flour and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the half-and-half/whole milk and cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly until thickened, or about 3 minutes. Add the 1/2-inch pieces of cheddar and Colby cheeses and cook over low heat, stirring, until melted. Stir in the Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and Tabasco sauce.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until just done, or about 8 minutes. Drain and return to the hot pot. Sprinkle the grated cheddar on top, then add the cheese sauce and stir until combined.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Because Cross-Posting Is Ever So Much Easier Than Generating New Content...
trunk of a certain forum
evade deadly bombs of
macrobiotic brussel sprouts
planted last August
near the Earth's defense weaponry:
electric angelic pom-poms of negativity,
a candlestick, and nitrogen dioxide --
linked evilly so
the instant coffee karate arms
remain mostly stolid --
broken rings of koalas
eat nearly three hundred roaches
every evening, eyes yielding
emerald soup: gouged-out
ugly grinning-eagle death...
[originally posted over here...]
Saturday, February 03, 2007
I Believe They've Captured The Essence Of My Life...
[really via .ck.]
Thursday, February 01, 2007
I'd Never Be Able To Balance That Ruby On My Forehead, Though...
The Vedic Pantheon is the one for you
Take Which Pantheon is Best for you? today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
[via Lynn S the Gnostic]