Sunday, August 13, 2006

And The Number Of The Counting Shall Be Three...

The idea behind the meme is that it's about music, and that you can put up to three answers to any question. But no more. One answer is OK, two answers is OK, three answers is OK. Four is not OK, and five is right out. Unless otherwise indicated, you can only choose songs, and be specific -- putting "anything by Madonna" doesn't count.
NAME UP TO THREE OF EACH

Song(s) That I Loath to the Core of My Being:
Counting Blue Cars -- Dishwalla
Breakfast At Tiffany's -- Deep Blue Something
You Can Do Magic -- America
[obviously, as with all of these, given world enough and time, I would've come up with *completely* different answers...]

Musical Artist(s) That I Loath to the Core of My Being:
Lee Greenwood
Kenny G
Lil' Kim

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love:
Angie
[I think I've played Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash and Start Me Up too many times to *love* them any more...]

Beatles Song(s) I Love:
And Your Bird Can Sing
I'm Down

Who Song(s) I Love:
Won't Get Fooled Again
Baba O'Reilly (Teenage Wasteland)
I Can See For Miles

Dylan Song(s) I Love:
Dark Eyes
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Something There Is About You

Reggae Songs I Love:
Buffalo Soldier -- Bob Marley

Country Song(s) I Love:
Man Of Steel -- Hank Williams Jr.
Clown In Your Rodeo -- Kathy Mattea
Come To Jesus -- Mindy Smith

Country Artist(s) I Love:
Dwight Yoakum
Kasey Chambers
Waylon Jennings

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love:
Mishima
The Shining

Musical Soundtrack(s) I Love:
Godspell
Jesus Christ Superstar

Cover Song(s) I Love:
Blinded By The Light -- Manfred Mann's Earth Band
You're Gonna Miss Me -- Doug Sahm And Sons
Red Temple Prayer (Two Headed Dog) -- Sister Double Happiness
[latter two covers of songs by Roky Erickson]

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love:
Kelly Clarkson
Pussycat Dolls
Shakira
[course, tain't such a secret *now*, tizzit?...]

Song(s) That Bring Me To Tears:
Last Game Of The Season (The Blind Man In The Bleachers) -- David Geddes
Mr. Tanner -- Harry Chapin
Diary -- Bread

Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass:
Hypnotize -- Audioslave
Uleg-Khem -- Kronos Quartet
Return Of The Son Of Monster Magnet -- Mothers Of Invention
[well, they did it *yesterday*, anyhoo...]

Classical Composer(s) I Love:
Charles Ives
John Cage
Anton Webern

Rap/Hip Hop Songs I Love:
Momma Said Knock You Out -- LL Cool J

70s Disco Song(s) I Love:
Nights On Broadway -- Bee Gees
Kung Fu Fighting -- Carl Douglas
Sky High -- Jigsaw

70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love:
Helplessly Hoping -- Crosby, Still & Nash
Helpless -- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Bell Bottom Blues -- Derek & The Dominos

Metal Song(s) I Love:
Iron Man -- Black Sabbath
Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne
Living Dead Girl -- Rob Zombie

Novelty Song(s) I Love:
I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow -- Ray Stevens
I'm Henry The Eighth, I Am -- Herman's Hermits
Flexible -- Martin Mull

New Wave Song(s) I Love:
I Know What Boys Like -- Waitresses
Never Say Never -- Romeo Void
Alison -- Elvis Costello

Soul/R&B Songs I Love:
Someday -- Mariah Carey
Could It Be I'm Falling In Love -- Spinners
Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart) -- Stylistics

Power Ballad(s) I Love:
Amanda -- Boston
My Immortal -- Evanescence
Darkness -- Disturbed

Pre-1950s Song(s) I Love:
Woodchopper's Ball -- Woody Herman
Caravan -- Duke Ellington
Hallelujah Chorus -- George Frideric Handel

Punk Song(s) I Love:
More Beer -- Fear
That's When I Reach For My Revolver -- Mission of Burma
I Heard Her Call My Name -- Velvet Underground
[this illustrates the fluidity of the term 'punk', of course, of course...]

80's Song(s) I Love:
Every Breath You Take -- Police
Karma Chameleon -- Culture Club
Like A Virgin -- Madonna
[hey, don't knock these songs until you've heard me play them as bluegrass tunes...]

Singer/Songwriter Songs I Love:
A Man For All Seasons -- Al Stewart
Video Tape -- Steve Goodman
Last Year's Man -- Leonard Cohen

MTV Video(s) I Love:
If It Makes You Happy -- Sheryl Crow
Who Will Save Your Soul -- Jewel
Ray Of Light -- Madonna
[well, it didn't say *current*, did it?...]

CMT Video(s) I Love:
Leave The Pieces -- The Wreckers
Something More -- Sugarland
I'm Gonna Getcha Good! -- Shania Twain

Song(s) to Have Sex To:
Magic Man -- Heart
Autumn -- Edgar Winter Group
I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You -- Leon Haywood

None-of-the-Above Song(s) I Love:
Lost In The Supermarket -- The Clash
How Do I Deal -- Jennifer Love Hewitt
Nite Sprite -- Chick Corea

[via Dawn]

3 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

kenny g...lol! good call on that one!

1:12 PM, August 15, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

You realize that now I'm dying to hear those bluegrass version, right?

12:23 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Andrew Ironwood said...

I suppose if I ever get around to figuring out the whole MP3 bee's-wax, I could cut my finger-picking tribute to Madonna (but given that it's taken me this long to adjust to the technology, you might want to continue to breathe normally in the interrim...)

2:56 PM, August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home