Thursday, June 15, 2006

You're My Soul And My Heart's Inspiration...

Short-cut memeage idea (adapted from Metaphor Voodoo once again): just listing the films I've seen from AFI's List Of The 100 Most Inspiring Films Of All Time and bolding the ones I think *might've* been 'inspiring' por moi --

3 SCHINDLER'S LIST
4 ROCKY
8 BREAKING AWAY
12 APOLLO 13

17 ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST [this might make my Top Ten for most depressing movies, though...]
20 PHILADELPHIA
23 THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
26 THE WIZARD OF OZ
28 FIELD OF DREAMS

29 GANDHI [Ben Kingsley was great as always, but the film was kinda snoozefest-ish fer me (YMMV)...]
31 GLORY [Matthew Broderick as a Civil War general *was* a humorous touch though, doncha think?...]
37 FORREST GUMP [funny? yes - inspiring? sorry, no...]
38 PINOCCHIO [maybe when I was *very* young -- I can't remember...]
39 STAR WARS [or you young folk call it nowadays, "A New Hope"...]
41 THE SOUND OF MUSIC [very few film musicals can incorporate Nazis very well...]
45 ON GOLDEN POND [IIRC, this was a bit of a downer -- was everyone on the same page with this balloting?...]
47 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
58 CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
63 RAIN MAN
68 AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN
73 ERIN BROCKOVICH

78 THELMA & LOUISE [okay, one woman nearly gets raped and then they drive their car off a cliff, and that's inspiring?!?!?...]
80 BABE [sure, when I left the theatre afterwards, I wanted to go out there and herd me some sheep...]
87 WORKING GIRL [oh, come *on* now, this as 'inspiring'? -- I can barely remember even having *watched* this piece of puff pastry...]
91 THE PAPER CHASE
92 FAME
93 A BEAUTIFUL MIND
98 THE KARATE KID

2 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, I probably haven't seen at least 1/2 of those...

Pinocchio is inspiring? that's kinda hilarious!

11:28 PM, June 18, 2006  
Blogger Andrew Ironwood said...

Well, since I only saw 28 out of the 100 (and only thought 18 of those *might've* been inspirational), I don't think you need to feel *too* bad...

12:05 AM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home